Would like to speak to individuals in Greece while you’re on vacation trip? Or simply just want to find out the essential every day phrases in Greek.
What ever your motives are we have listed information about Greek together with some basic Greek words here. Click the links on this webpage to understand Greek language.
Languages Spoken in Greece
The people of Greece speak Greek. The main national and official language of Greece is Greek. Greek is a Indo-European language and placed 52nd based upon the amount of native speakers of 15 million.
We’ve produced a collection of popular Greek holiday language phrases or words, that a traveler could use to get by in Greece. We highly recommend you master them from Greek basic phrases internet site.
Advice For Studying Greek Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Greek - The trick to learn Greek is countless hours of conversation with people who speaks Greek far better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Greek dictionary for reference) is as beneficial as five hours in a Greek educational setting and 10 hours with a Greek language course by yourself.
- Studying Greek language for three or four hours a day for two weeks is a lot more effective for mastering Greek than studying 1 hour daily for three months. It is no surprise that numerous Greek learners who take language courses in class and hardly ever remember it in the long term. The secret to master the Greek is intensity of of study.
- Start with the One hundred most common Greek words and then try to come up with sentences with them. Master sufficient Greek grammar so that you can try this as well as do it until you feel pretty comfortable with all of them.
- Continue practicing these sentence in your mind. One other usage for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Greek whilst going about your day and not talking to any one.
- Take a pocket Greek dictionary or an English-Greek dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Work out the Greek pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Greek audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Greek language.
- After the first 100 words and phrases in Greek, focus on becoming conversational. Studies show that the most everyday 100 phrases in Greek language account for 50% of all spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 words and phrases count for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Greek is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Master it early and use it often.
What do I need to study Greek language?
- Greek language courses are available as conventional language courses, audio programs and online classes. The traditional Greek courses are composed of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Greek grammer and exercises. Typically they are offered either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are meant for complete beginners or people with only very little understanding of the Greek language.
One of the leading service providers these Greek language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than 100 languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who would like to study the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other provider of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide variety of languages.
- Greek Audio Courses is generally made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses provides you with genuine pronunciation in Greek and a acceptable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are offered on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each one of these courses often include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Greek.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give a wide selection of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you need to find more info regarding travelling to Greece from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, please make sure to click the relevant web links beneath:
Don’t hesitate to express your own opinions with the Greek Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Whether you’re getting a visa for going to Greece or notarizing paperwork or simply just looking to talk to someone at the Greek visa office in Abu Dhabi. Let us know by just submitting it here.
Please Be aware: Your remarks are going to be viewed by the public, due to this fact you should not include confidential information.