Would like to speak to people in Finland while you’re on vacation trip? Or maybe wish to know the fundamental everyday phrases in Finnish.
Regardless of what your reasons are we have displayed information about Finnish together with some simple Finnish words below. Select the links on this webpage to learn about Finnish language.
Languages Spoken in Finland
The people of Finland speak Finnish and Swedish. The main national and official language of Finland is Finnish. Finnish is a Uralic language and ranked 104th based on number of native speakers of 5.4 million.
We have produced a collection of typical Finnish holiday language keyword phrases or words, which a traveler is able to use to get by in Finland. We highly recommend you master them from Finnish common phrases web site.
Tips For Studying Finnish Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Finnish - The actual key to master Finnish is hours and hours of conversation with folks who talks Finnish far better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Finnish dictionary for reference) is as effective as five hours in a Finnish class room and 10 hours with a Finnish language course by yourself.
- Studying Finnish language for three or four hours daily for two weeks is far more effective for learning Finnish than learning 1 hour each day for three months. It is no miracle a large number of Finnish learners taking language lessons in school and never remember it over the years. The key to learn the Finnish is intensity of of study.
- Get started with the One hundred most everyday Finnish words and phrases and then try to make sentences with them. Master sufficient Finnish grammar to be able to do that as well as do it until you feel really comfortable with all of them.
- Keep practicing these sentence in your mind. The other usage for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Finnish while going about your day and never conversing with any one.
- Take a pocket Finnish dictionary or an English-Finnish dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Work out the Finnish pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Finnish audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Finnish language.
- After the first 100 words in Finnish, concentrate on becoming conversational. Studies have shown that the most common 100 words in Finnish language account for 50% of all spoken communication. The most common 1,000 phrases count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Finnish is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and use it often.
What do I need to study Finnish language?
- Finnish language courses are offered as conventional language courses, audio programs and online courses. The traditional Finnish courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Finnish grammer and exercises. Regularly they are offered either in CDs or MP3s.
Many of these courses are intended for complete beginners or people who have only very little knowledge of the Finnish language.
One of the main vendors these Finnish language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for more than One hundred languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for individuals who just want to study the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a number of languages.
- Finnish Audio Courses is often made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to comprehend and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses gives you authentic pronunciation in Finnish and a manageable level of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Every one of these courses normally include dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Finnish.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give a wide array of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you want to get more details about visiting Finland from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, please be sure to select the relevant web links listed below:
Feel free to share your own opinions with the Finn Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Whether you are applying for a visa for travelling to Finland or notarizing paperwork or simply just looking to talk to someone at the Finn consulate in Abu Dhabi. Contact us by way of posting it here.
Please Remember: Your comments are going to be viewed by the general public, therefore do not include confidential details.