Wish to talk to people in Cyprus while you’re on vacation trip? Or simply need to know the essential everyday key phrases in Greek.
What ever your motives are we have detailed info on Greek along with some basic Greek phrases here. Select the links on this web page to find out about Greek language.
Languages Spoken in Cyprus
The people of Cyprus speak Greek and Turkish. The main national and official language of Cyprus is Greek. Greek is a Indo-European language and ranked 52nd based on the amount of native speakers of 15 million.
We have released a selection of common Greek holiday language phrases or words, which a visitor can make use of to get by in Cyprus. We highly recommend you learn them from Greek words and phrases website.
Advice For Understanding Greek Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Greek - The secrets to learn Greek is hours and hours of conversation with individuals who talks Greek much better than you. An hour or so of talking (with corrections and Greek dictionary for reference) is as effective as five hours in a Greek classroom and 10 hours with a Greek language training course all by yourself.
- Studying Greek language for three or four hours a day for two weeks is a lot more useful for learning Greek than studying 1 hour a day for three months. It is no wonder a large number of Greek students taking language lessons in class and hardly ever remember it over the years. The secret to learn the Greek is intensity of of study.
- Start off with the One hundred most everyday Greek words and attempt to create sentences with them. Master just enough Greek grammar so that you can do that as well as do it until you feel pretty at ease with all of them.
- Continue repeating these sentence in your mind. The additional benefit from for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Greek while going about your day and not speaking to anyone.
- Carry a pocket Greek dictionary or an English-Greek dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Figure out the Greek pronunciation patterns.
- Use Greek audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Greek language.
- Following the first 100 words in Greek, concentrate on starting to be conversational. Research has revealed that the most common 100 words in Greek language count for 50% of most spoken conversation. The most common 1,000 words count for 80% of all spoken conversation.
- “How do you say X?” in Greek is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and employ it often.
What do I need to learn Greek language?
- Greek language courses are available as conventional language classes, audio tutorials and online courses. The traditional Greek courses are made up of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Greek grammer and exercises. Regularly they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are created for complete newbies or people who have only very little understanding of the Greek language.
One of the leading vendors these Greek language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than One hundred languages and include all audio courses, explorer courses for those who just want to understand the basics, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they offer a wide variety of languages.
- Greek Audio Courses is normally made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to understand and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses gives you genuine pronunciation in Greek and a manageable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning are available on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each of these courses often consist of dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Greek.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language offer a wide array of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you would like get more details regarding travelling to Cyprus from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, please be sure to go through the relevant web links here:
Please express your own opinions with the Cypriot Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Whether you are getting a visa for travelling to Cyprus or notarizing documents or simply just seeking to chat to someone at the Cypriot embassy in Abu Dhabi. Tell us by way of posting it on this site.
Please Notice: Your feedback are going to be viewed by the public, for that reason don’t include confidential information.