Want to talk with folks in Cambodia while you’re on vacation trip? Or simply would like to know the basic every day key phrases in Khmer.
Whatever your motives are we have displayed information about Khmer together with some simple Khmer key phrases below. Choose the web links on this webpage to find out about Khmer language.
Languages Spoken in Cambodia
The people of Cambodia speak Khmer. The main national and official language of Cambodia is Khmer. Khmer is a Mon-Khemer language and ranked 59th based on number of native speakers of 14 million.
We’ve released a collection of typical Khmer holiday language phrases or words, which a traveler could use to get by in Cambodia. We highly recommend you master them from Khmer common phrases web site.
Tips For Learning Khmer Language
- Conversation and much more conversation in Khmer - The trick to master Khmer is hours and hours of conversation with individuals who talks Khmer far better than you. An hour of conversation (with corrections and Khmer dictionary for reference) is as good as five hours in a Khmer class room and 10 hours with a Khmer language training course by yourself.
- Studying Khmer language for three or four hours each day for two weeks is more effective for mastering Khmer than studying 1 hour a day for three months. It is no wonder a large number of Khmer learners who take language courses in school and hardly ever remember it over time. The secret to master the Khmer is intensity of of study.
- Begin with the One hundred most everyday Khmer words and then try to make sentences with them. Master just enough Khmer grammar so that you can try this as well as do it until you feel fairly confident with all of them.
- Keep learning these sentence in your head. The additional benefit from for your dictionary is that you can practice these sentences in Khmer whilst going about your day and never conversing with anybody.
- Carry a pocket Khmer dictionary or an English-Khmer dictionary app on your mobile phone.
- Work out the Khmer pronunciation patterns.
- Make use of Khmer audio and online courses for the first 100 words and phrases and basic grammar in Khmer language.
- Following the first 100 words and phrases in Khmer, give attention to becoming conversational. Research has revealed that the most everyday 100 words and phrases in Khmer language account for 50% of most spoken conversation. The most everyday 1,000 phrases count for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Khmer is the most important sentence you can possibly learn. Learn it early and then use it often.
What do I require to learn Khmer language?
- Khmer language courses are offered as traditional language classes, audio courses and online classes. The traditional Khmer courses are comprised of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Khmer grammer and exercises. Normally they are available either in CDs or MP3s.
Most of these courses are suitable for complete newbies or people who have only minimum knowledge of the Khmer language.
One of the leading vendors these Khmer language courses is Linguaphone who also have courses for more than One hundred languages and contain all audio courses, explorer courses for people who just want to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other supplier of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a wide variety of languages.
- Khmer Audio Courses is often made of CDs or MP3s with limited printed content. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses provides you with genuine pronunciation in Khmer and a acceptable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be obtained on CD-ROMs and DVDs. All these courses usually contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Khmer.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language offer a wide selection of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you wish to get more info regarding visiting Cambodia from Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, please make sure to click on the related web links down below:
Don’t hesitate to voice your own encounters with the Cambodian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Whether you’re applying for a visa for travelling to Cambodia or notarizing paperwork or merely just planning to chat to an individual at the Cambodian consulate in Abu Dhabi. Tell us by just posting it on this site.
Please Be aware: Your feedback are going to be seen by the public, for this reason don’t include confidential information.